BUILDING A BETTER WORLD AT A GLANCE
OUR APPROACH: Building a Better World is our ongoing commitment to a sustainable future. Our Building a Better World program has a three pillar approach consisting of Our Products, Our People and Our Processes, with Governance as the program’s foundation. We are continually investing in safer and greener products and in initiatives and processes that benefit our customers, associates and the environment. Below are highlights of our past accomplishments and future goals.
- DayGlo ECO pigments are made of 26% recycled material.
- Kop-Coat and AGPRO produce adjuvants that increase crop yields and can help reduce the use of pesticides by up to 50%.
- AlphaGuard, a liquid applied roofing system, keeps tons of material out of stressed landfills each year because it is applied over the existing roof. Some AlphaGuard products are also bio-based and all are used to promote more energy efficiency in the buildings they are applied to.
- Expanded associate training and educational opportunities are helping drive diversity and inclusion.
- 83% percent of respondents report favorable engagement and 88% are proud to be a part of RPM, according to a recent associate survey.
- Our comprehensive U.S. benefits package and resources cultivate associates’ livelihoods in and outside of the workplace.
- MS-168 Program for manufacturing enables us to produce better products more efficiently — and sustainably — through the waste hierarchy of Reduce, Reclaim, Recycle and Reuse.
- Established a data management infrastructure for gathering emissions, energy, waste, recycling and water data from our facilities.
- Completed a water stress analysis for all manufacturing locations in 2021, which informs Cap Ex and other planning processes
2025 Sustainability Goals*
- Reduce Scope 1 and Scope 2 GHG emissions from our facilities by 20% per ton of production.
- Reduce energy consumed in our facilities by 10%.
- Reduce waste-to-landfill from our facilities by 10%.
- Increase recycling at our facilities by 20%.
- Identify and implement additional opportunities for water reuse and conservation and collaborate with suppliers to do the same.
- Sustainability performance is a defined responsibility of the Governance and Nominating Committee of our Board of Directors.
- The Building a Better World Oversight Committee was formed by management to support our ongoing commitment to sustainability.
- Our Route 168 campaign delivers monthly messages in new and engaging ways to raise awareness of compliance and ethics topics